The Leeds Grand Mosque is licensed to conduct marriage contracts in conjunction with the Register Office.
A marriage ceremony can be conducted in one of two ways:
- Islamic and civil contracts performed together or
- Nikah (Islamic contract) only
In either case you need to:
- Attend the mosque and speak with the Imam to arrange a suitable date and time for the cermony. Both bride and groom should be present.
- Bring an existing civil marriage contract to the Mosque as proof of marriage if you only require nikah.
- Both parties should bring a proof of indentity. i.e. passport, driving license It is mosque policy not to provide the Nikah (Islamic Contract) without proof that a civil marriage contract already exists.
There is a charge of £150 for performing an Islamic marriage contract at the mosque, adding travel expenses if performed outside the mosque. This is payable before the ceremony. Please note this does not include the costs of a civil marriage contract.
Please note the Imam can only help with marriage or divorce related matters IN PERSON, not by email or telephone. Please contact the office to arrange a meeting.