|Job Title:||Administrative assistant at Leeds Grand Mosque (LGM)|
|Reporting To:||LGM Chairman|
|Hours of work:||Full time 40 hours per week (flexible) or part time 3 days per week|
|Salary:||20,000 – 24,000 per anum (pro-rata)|
|Location:||Leeds Grand Mosque, 9 Woodsley Road, Leeds|
|Terms:||Fixed-term for twelve months (may be extended) First 13 weeks are probationary.|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
Please send your CV which should include two references, a covering letter, and a statement that explains how your work experience and knowledge meet the person specification.
Informal questions and applications should be submitted to: email@example.com
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Deadline for application: 8th August 2021
Interviews: 15th August 2021
LGM is a thriving mosque that is dedicated to playing its role within the Muslim community and the wider society of Leeds. It aspires to serve the religious, educational, and social needs of its congregation in a safe and secure environment. The mosque strives to welcome and support Muslims from all backgrounds and cultures. LGM’s vision is a world where Islam’s rich heritage is celebrated. The Administrative Assistant (AA) has a key role in ensuring this becomes a reality.
Since 1994, LGM has proved to be a successful, learning, and continuously improving organization. LGM is now serving a regular congregation of well over 1200 Leeds citizens.
Services provided by LGM to the community can be divided into operations and projects. The AA will coordinate and maintain the daily operations within the mosque at the expected standards, and ensure that projects are well-managed and supported.
This is an exciting unique job in a dynamic organization and the right candidate has the opportunity to truly advance and augment LGM services which will impact and benefit the whole community.
The AA will ensure the smooth running of the Mosque through the management of caretaker staff; implementation of projects and programs; management of risks, support the senior managers, committee, and volunteers; by understanding the needs of the congregation and the wider community of Leeds.
The Mosque Chairman and committee are committed to supporting the AA by granting the necessary authorities, offering training and guidance, and providing the resources required to perform tasks and duties.
- We can accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications that would require sponsorship
- Receipt of satisfactory references
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of the LGM.
- LGM is an equal opportunities employer
- Coordinate and facilitate the daily operations of LGM (including Friday prayers, Ramadan, and the two Eid prayers).
- Coordinate and facilitate the different activities at LGM.
- Develop and monitor a daily management plan for the caretakers.
- Manage the communication with the wider public (be the first point of contact) via the means of email, telephone, and face-to-face.
- Manage LGM online presence using social media channels.
- Record all accidents, incidents, and non-compliances, and report to the chairman.
- Support the project management of all projects agreed by LGM committee and ensure that they will not interrupt the smooth daily operation of LGM.
- Conduct risk management sessions regularly.
- To work together with LGM Chairman and LGM committee to ensure that all safeguarding requirements are planned, resourced, and implemented.
- Participate in LGM meetings as required.
- Undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by the LGM chairman.
- Understanding of and committed to the aims, principles, and values of LGM.
- Have previous administrative experience.
- Experience of working with the public.
- Ability to monitor and maintain own standards and take initiative when needed, prioritize own work, meet deadlines.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to use IT including Word and Excel and social media platforms.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Have a fluent command of English and have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Live in Leeds or nearby areas.
- Experience of working in the charitable sector.
- Have a fluent command of Arabic (reading, writing, and speaking)
- Have the experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- To be acquainted with LGM community
- Have experience of working collaboratively with other public sector/voluntary organizations.