Advert for committee members
Dear brothers and sisters,
Alsalam alikum Wa Rahmateh Allah wa Barakateh
If you are someone who can take on a challenge, problem-solve and have a can do attitude, then the Leeds Grand Mosque would like to hear from you.
The Leeds Grand Mosque is recruiting 2 new Committee members and values the benefits that a diverse Committee can. All applicants will receive equal consideration. However, we are particularly interested in a candidate with a background in managing women's provision and community engagement at a strategic level either in the private or third sector. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate that they can make a useful contribution to the Committee and be a good representative for their community.
The Board is currently made up of 5 knowledgeable, dedicated and valued volunteers from a wide ranging background that ensure LGM operates effectively and progresses in accordance with our governing documents.
Membership is non-remunerated and would require individuals to prepare for and attend approximately 8-12 meetings per year and to participate in the Committee sub groups (including additional meetings) throughout the year on an “as required” basis. Applicants must pass the Charity Commission eligibility criteria, a disqualification check and DBS check if successful
The 2 positions required:
1 - Ladies section: (Females only)
- To contribute actively to the committee members role in supporting the strategic direction, defining specific goals and setting targets for the smooth running of the activities related to women attending the LGM.
- To bring innovative ideas on what the Mosque should provide for the Muslim sisters in the community
- To plan activities , educational circles and events that are relevant to the ladies' community at the LGM
- To be the point of contact between the ladies section and the LGM management and the Imam
2 - Community engagement: (Males or Females)
- To represent the LGM in all community related events and meetings
- To be the first point of contact regarding inter-faith and intra-faith development and look to develop effective strategies for greater engagement in both areas
- To plan events and projects that will serve the Leeds community in general and the mosque neighborhood in particular
- To promote and support stronger community relations between the existing congregation at the LGM ie through the development of charity activities or clubs etc
- Embed LGM within it's wider community by establishing and extending LGM relationships with different society organizations and faith groups
- Enhance LGM engagement with the buisness sector
Please fill in the documents below if your are interested and email back to : management@leedsgrandmosque.
Deadline to receive the applications is Sunday 3rd March and possible interview date will be Sunday 10th March in the afternoon