Seminar room 1st floor at the LGM.
"Towards an optimal understanding…" Register in this event
Foundations of Jurisprudential Thinking
"Towards an optimal understanding…"
The Leeds Grand Mosque is pleased to announce to all our brothers and sisters who are interested in learning the elementary introductions to the mechanisms of understanding the Islamic Shariah”, Shaykh Dr. Abdullah al-Judai (President of the European Council for Fatwa and Research), will be delivering six ntensive courses on this subject.
They will be delivered according to the following framework:
"The Methodology of Engaging with the Quran and Sunnah" (23-24 March 2019). Has been done
- "The ijtihādī evidences employed to deduce legal provisions” (13-14 April 2019)
- "The Forms and ranks of Islamic Rulings" (13-14 July 2019).
- "Ground Rules and Elementary Maxims that guide the derivation of legal provisions and rulings" (14-15 September 2019).
- "Ijtihād and Taqlīd" (5-6 October).
- "Principles of Fatwa" (2-3 November).
The programme learning outcomes and broader aims:
1) Familiarise and permit students to become acquainted with scholarly and methodological approaches, based on sturdy foundations, to understand the Shar’iah.
2) Train students to reflect more deeply on the scriptural sources (the Quran and Sunnah.
3) Establishing sound general thinking processes.
4) Providing concepts that will help the learner to distinguish the core, immutable Shari'ah rulings, from those that are subject to change.
5) To uncover those areas where of disagreement where divergence in opinion can be accommodated.
6) Clarifying the dividing line in the understanding of Shar’iah disciplines between the specialists, and general folk.
7) Preparing the learner to pursue their study of the Islamic sciences and disciplines by mastering the use of the keys, broadly termed, ‘Islamic cognitive skills’.
Please note: The content of the courses has been prepared so that it is suitable for the ones who wish to have access to this field and have never been acquainted with it, and also to suite partial attendance. For those who live abroad can still attend the course via the ZOOM Programme.
Place: Seminar room 1st floor at the Leeds Grand Mosque.
Dates: 13 - 14 April 2019.
Starting time: Saturday 13 April at 9:30 am.
Registration: BOOK NOW HERE