Al salam alikom w rahmato Allah w barakato,
Dear brothers and sisters,
Friday 13th March
Emergency legislation to control the spread of COVID-19 will be introduced in the UK next week. This will likely have a significant impact on our mosque.
The Leeds Grand mosque's advise for people who are coming to pray in the mosque is:
- Avoid attending the masjid if you are feeling mildly unwell (headache, cough, sneezing etc.)
- The length of the Friday khutbah today will be shortened to 15 minutes only. It will start at 1 pm and salaat will be offered at 1.15pm
- Please try to use the toilet and do your whudu at home. Use the masjid facilities only if absolutely necessary
- Please bring your own prayer mat so as to minimise contact with the masjid carpet
- Attendees should pray sunnah and nawafil prayers at home
- Avoid physical contact such as handshakes & hugging
- Read the advice on hygiene literature displayed at prominent points in the masjid and use the sanitisers provided at various points in the masjid
- Congregation members aged 60+ years and those with underlying health conditions are at an increased risk and should consider praying at home
O' Allah, remove the illness, cure the diseased. You are the One Who cures. There is no cure except Your cure. Grant us a cure that leaves no illness.
Leeds Grand mosque Management Committee