LGM’s Qur’an School for Children
We launched our LGM’s Qu’ran School 2nd year in January 2015 with the aim to revolutionise the conventional approach of Qu’ran classes from verbatim memorisation, into a more comprehensive and structured curriculum. These take place every Saturday morning from 9:30 till 12:00, for both girls and boys between the ages 6-14 years. Children are divided into one of the four levels based on their abilities and competence.
Students are taught how to read and recite the Qu’ran soundly by applying the rules of Tajweed to aid their memorisation. They are also taught the meanings of the verses that they learn and how this correspond to their Islamic lessons This is done to help the children develop clarification and better understanding of their religion; and learning how they can apply what they have learnt to their daily lives.
Ultimately the aim is to bring about the wider social benefit and prevent any social, psychological or physical harm to themselves, their community and society in general. In this way, the imbibing of the Qu’ranic verses are lived, practised and put into action by the students, so that the understanding and the implementation of the Qu’ran is sustainable and progressive.
We at Leeds Grand Mosque believe in very high standards and professionalism, hence, our Qu’ran project is planned, prepared and delivered by
trained accountable teachers; who deliver a high standard of teaching. Teachers undergo continuous development and training, but also they are observed occasionally to ensure that overall quality of teaching is improved.
Furthermore, there is a specialist team of lesson planners who prepare the content and activities for the teachers. These are reviewed and passed on to the teachers. Child positive reinforcement is central and this is done through sticker charts and final term awards.
To find our more about the Qur’an School, please download the Parent Handbook here‘
To browse the gallery of our Quran school classes please click here
Living Islam Academy
Second term registration:
Leeds Grand Mosque would like to announce the beginning of second term for the living Islam academy for children aged 5 to 16 years old, academic year 2015/2016. The starting date of this term will be Tuesday 05/01/2016 and will end Friday 25/03/2016.
Registration for new students is open now, please use this link to register your child/ children (Fill an application for each child).
Students who were already registered from the first term, will be automatically registered for the second term, and are expected to complete their registration and pay the fees on Tuesday the 5th of January
What is Living Islam Academy ?
An educational and social project to build a coherent Muslim community based on moderate Islamic teachings
What are our Aims?
1- To provide Islamic education for the whole family through a social and fun environment.
2- To aspire to rise generations of devoted Muslims, who will live the message of Islam in all aspects of life, integrating in their communities whilst preserving their Islamic values
The structure of the project:
Venue: Leeds Grand Mosque
1. Islamic school for children
2. An educational circle for brothers in LGM
3. An educational circle for sisters in LGM
4. A social gathering for the whole family at the end in LGM
– The children school to run on Tuesdays from 6:00 to 8:00 pm & Fridays from 6:00 to 8:30 pm
– Starting date: Friday 13 /11/2015
– Adult circles will be on Friday only from 6:00-8:30 pm
– adult circles are free of charge
– children’s circles will incur a tuition fee of : £30 / month for the first child and £ 25/ month for the second child and £20 / month for any other child
Subjects taught at the children’s school:
– Qae’da Nourania
– Quran memorisation according to age group with explanation of meaning
– Islamic studies : will establish a curriculum of essential knowledge that all Muslims should know as basics of their religion, in addition to characters and ethics of a Muslim character
Summary of the curriculum:
1. Know your God (pillars of Faith and the beautiful names of Allah Subhanoh wta’ ala)
2. Know your prophet ( biography of Prophet Mohamed ( SA)
3. Know your religion: worship Jurisprudence, Muslim character building and role models
This will be based on first come first serve until places are filled. Levels will be determined according to age.
Levels and age ranges:
Level 1: 5-6 years old (3 classes)
Level 2: 6-7 years old (2 classes)
Level 3: 8 -10 years old (2 classes)
Level 4: 10-12 years old (2 classes)
Level 5: 13-16 years old (2 classes)
Please register your children as soon as you can to ensure they get a place in the school
Best wishes walsalam
Living Islam Team